- Coastal and marine environment
- Environmental restrictions
- Logistics and supply
- Energetic needs
- Natural risk areas
Wave power p10
Wave power p50
Wave power p90
Sea surface temperature - stations
Marine conservation areas
Land conservation areas
Electric transmission lines
Distance to electrical grid
Ports and port infraestucture
Accessibility of roads
Development areas of indigenous people
Local development areas
Touristic Interest zones
Tsunami flooding limit
Tsunami flooding areas
Earthquake recording areas
Fire record areas
Appropiate areas for aquaculture
Benthic resource management
Persistencia del viento
Temperatura superficial del mar
Velocidad del viento
Energy Marine Map, EMMap, is an interactive tool developed by MERIC, that aims to visualize from a single platform different types of information related to the implementation of a marine renewable energy project in Chile.
This platform has an element that makes it unique: has been constructed based on user experience, which has allowed us to secure its functionality with the end user. Within the users and supporters in EMMAP’s development, we would like to thank the following institutions:
Georeferenced data is visualized in the map, in which you can edit layers’ visualization according to your preferences, from the menu in the left. At the right side, you will find a collection of reports, research products and online platforms links that could be of potential interest and from which some variables were extracted. At the top of the page you can download, print or share the visualization of information built using EMMap.
Currently, EMMap is the First Version 1.0, released on October 3rd, 2019. We will be collecting comments, observations and improvement requests, in order to implement these in a Second Version 2.0, whose launch is yet to be defined. During this period, also, we will update EMMap’s information, uploading new layers, adding reports and research outputs to the library. If you want to be updated with EMMap’s news, or leave us any comment, we invite you to leave us a message in the Contact form.
Potencial undimotriz p10
- Coastal geomorphology and physical oceanographic background of the Magallanes region, Chile (48 ° - 56 ° s).
- Observation of cetaceans in Isla Chañaral and new records for the Penguin Humboldt National Reserve area, northern Chile
- Considerations on the variations of medium and long term waves in the design of maritime works in central Chile.
- Wave energy: evaluation of its potential environmental feasibility in Chile
- Wave potential of the Tarapacá region (Chile) as a focus of productive development.
- Diagnosis on the state of degradation of the soil resource in the country.
- Uncertainty in the extreme values of waves in Chile.
- Quantification of the transport of Costa-Ocean water through filaments and eddies rich in chlorophyll a, in the central-southern zone of Chile (35.5°
- Determination of areas of high concentration of chlorophyll-s in the northern region of the fjords and southern channels (cimar cruise 9 fjords) by me
- Urban law, the instruments of territorial planning and the legal regime of public goods.
Potencial undimotriz p50
Potencial undimotriz p90
Temperatura Superficial del Mar - estaciones
Áreas Marinas Protegidas
Áreas Terrestres Protegidas
Áreas de desarrollo local
Zonas de registro de incendios
Manejo de Recursos Bentónicos
Potencial undimotriz p10
- Port system in Chile 2005
- Marine explorer document of marine energy: wave resourse
- The desertification in Chile
- Guide to the environmental impact evaluation of tidal stream technologies at sea : GHYDRO.
- Chilean case study: marine energy roadmap.